UNS S32205 Duplex Stainless Steel
Duplex stainless is a mixed microstructure of austenite and ferrite (50/50) which has improved strength over ferritic and austenitic steel grades with similar corrosion resistance qualities.
One of the main attractions of duplex stainless steel is cost – due to the materials increased yield strength it is often possible to reduce the thickness of material making it much cheaper than a comparative austenitic stainless steel grade.
Also Duplex steel has a lower alloy content reduces production costs. Certainly cost and weight savings without loss of performance is an attractive proposition to purchasers.
Benefits of using UNS32205 Duplex Stainless Steel
- Corrosion resistance much better than that of Type 316
- Greater tensile and yield strength
- Good ductility and toughness though not as good as austenitic grades
- Good stress corrosion cracking resistance (SSC)
- Opportunity for purchases to reduce their material costs without compromising on quality
Mechanical Properties of S32205
|Proof Stress 0.2% (MPa)||450|
|Tensile strength (MPa)||620|
|Elongation A5 (%)||20|
HRB: 96 (according to Rockwell C Scale)
Chemical Composition of S32205