HIC Resistant Steel – Grades
HIC Resistant Steel is carbon steel which is tested to demonstrate the plate’s resilience to the long term effects of hydrogen induced cracking, tested according to NACE. Masteel UK Limited are pleased to offer HIC resistant steel plates from stock.
Below are technical details of our HIC resistant steel plate, including information relating to testing and identification…
MASTERHIC 5/10/15 is tested in accordance with NACE TM 0284-03 with test solution A (pH =3)
|CLR (%)||CTR (%)||CSR (%)|
Testing / Documentation / Identification:
- Ultrasonic testing is performed in accordance with ASTM A578 level C.
- Impact tested at – 50 Deg C (Longitudinal)
- Supply Condition: Normalised
- Hardness tested according to NACE MR 0175 22HRC max
- Mill test certificates in accordance to EN10204 3.1, unless otherwise stated
- Marking on HIC plates is carried out according to ASTM/ASME A/SA 20
Thicknesses of 6mm to 100mm. Full profiling facilities are also available. Pre-allocated rolling schedules for HIC steel are available for project based contracts. Maximum HIC plate weight 15 tonnes.
The limits on unspecified elements of ASTM/ASME A/SA 20 Table 1 are not exceeded. For product analysis the admissible deviations from the indicated values for P and S are to be agreed.